BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

17 weeks

Today, I am 17 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Update of the 2nd trimester so far:

1) I stopped eating tom yam noodles after week 13 and don't crave them anymore. In fact, I find them too oily now.

2) I am still tired and sleepy. The crap about 2nd trimester being your most energetic period is seriously crap (for me that is).

3) I've recently developed pregnancy rashes on my tummy area. It comes and goes. Doesn't itch. Some dots especially near the belly button do hurt at times but it's just the skin area hurting.

Initially I thought that it was due to me eating seafood which caused an allergic reaction but my doctor told me that it's pretty common and can get quite ugly for some women. Which makes me think twice about taking photos of my belly.

4) I look more fat than pregnant. My tummy is bigger at this point in time now. Actually I just realised that it was pretty huge last night after dinner. I drank a few bowls of soup so I guess the bloatedness added to the image.

I didn't think that I'd be this big until after the 5th month at least. I do hope that I won't get too big. I know now isn't the time to be vain but I secretly am. Which is also why I haven't been taking photos of myself pregnant.

5) I have gained 3kgs so far. I started out at 54kg and am now hovering between 56.7-57kg. And I don't know how accurate this reading is because I always weigh myself in the mornings when I'm less heavy and without clothes on.

6) I started getting heartburn. Initially I thought it was gastric because it kind of feels the same but that's just absurd as I keep eating so how can it be gastric right? So I guess the next best thing was to diagnose it as heartburn.

But of course I did confirm it with my doctor and he gave me some medication for it. Until today, whenever I have heartburn, I still do not take the medication. Just a bit wary about taking medication while I'm pregnant.

7) Passing motion has been ok for me so far (I think) and I'm not sure if it's due to the Anmum Materna milk that I've been taking because it says on the box that it helps 'sembelit'.

8) I've stopped taking my folic acid pills as the doctor prescribed me this pre-natal vitamin called Obimin Pluz. Apparently it has everything in it. 1 pill kao tim liao.

9) I started feeling flutters around 15 weeks. Like a butterfly flying around inside my tummy. Then it sorta changed to a bloopy feeling from 16 weeks onwards. It feels like what my friend described it - porridge boiling - bloop bloop bloop but the bubbles don't burst type of feeling.

I usually feel the bloops at night when I'm lying on my bed watching tv. Peter Pan Daddy has felt a bloop already. It happens sometimes quite frequently at one go at the same area so I'm not too sure if Peter Pan Baby is hiccup-ing or actually kicking/moving.

Or if I'm just imagining stuff and it's really gas bubbles.

10) My nails have been growing at super fast speed. And I still have my gel nails. And this is the only thing that I wasn't able to give up so I did consult my doctor first whether it was safe to continue filling my gel nails.

Normally I would go for gel filling every 4 weeks but recently it has become 3 weeks. I can't state the same positiveness about the strength of my nails though as my toenails have been chipping quite frequently.


Well, that's all I can think of for now......

No comments:

Post a Comment