BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 23, 2010

Anomaly scan postponed...

Went for the usual check-up today at 18 1/2 weeks. I thought that we would be doing the anomaly scan (detailed scan done from 18-22 weeks to check for organ defects) today but ended up we have to see another doctor for it.

Our doctor at Prince Court Hospital was like "Oh, you want to do the scan?" when Peter Pan Daddy asked him about it. I thought it was sorta a scan everyone needs to go through, no?

Well, we decided to go ahead with it anyways. Not that it's going to change anything if we find out anything but at least we can prepare ourselves and make sure 100% that Peter Pan Baby is A-ok!

So we'll be going back in 2 weeks to see a Fetal Maternal Doctor that does the scan for a full 20-30 minutes.

Meanwhile, we did the normal scan and Peter Pan Baby is growing right on track. He weighs approximately 260 grams and is head down.

Doctor said that it'd be good if he stays in this position until we reach full term as this is the best position to deliver. If he shifts position the very last minute, then it'd be hard to get him outta there.

Whatever it is, I hope that Peter Pan Baby is comfortable head down as I keep thinking that all his body weight is putting so much pressure on his neck so isn't that a wee bit uncomfortable? But I will always remember Peter Pan Daddy telling me that Peter Pan Baby's floating in there.

And up until now our doctor still can't see Peter Pan Baby's gender. He reckons it's a boy from the last visit but wasn't sure and today, he even used the 3D scan but Peter Pan Baby's legs were closed. Apparently Peter Pan Baby's closed position today is worse than the last visit.

So it's a good thing we found the doctor at Tawakal Hospital :) A big thank you to GK for telling me about that doctor.

All is well for now. Our CD of Peter Pan Baby's photos today is being burnt by them as there are a few files so we can only get it back in 4 weeks (our next check-up) hence no new photos of his progress at the moment.

But I did see tiny bubbles - not sure if Peter Pan Baby was blowing them but nevertheless, he's the most miraculous thing I've ever saw in my life (not that I'm suaku never seen other ultrasounds before but it somehow just feels different when it's your own - especially him being inside of you).

And I need to state this - yup, I've jumped onto the bandwagon of talking non-stop about baby stuff. Now I fully understand why first-time mothers are this excited. I'm slowly becoming one of them. But I shall pace myself to not become so obsessed with it. All that matters is that the baby is healthy & normal (and *koff* superbly cute pls).

P/s: I also asked the doctor about getting a flu shot for the prevention of H1N1 but he said that since it's relatively new, he wouldn't know how safe it is for pregnant women. He suggested that IF I were to get H1N1 only then treat it. Other than that, just drink plenty of water and keep clean.

5 comments:

  1. Please ppl... back me up... Peter Pan Baby's floating in there right? If not... Peter Pan Mommy will keep asking me this question... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are not alone Peter Pan Daddy. Peter Pan Mommy always asks me silly questions too. And my standard response is "don't be silly".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter Pan Daddy: I only asked you that question for 1 week plus ok... I usually ask 'you think he's ok?' more right?

    Pei Chyi: Yeah, I am super paranoid and worried *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything will be alright *hugs

    ReplyDelete