BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Will be on leave

Will be on leave tomorrow as the area at work right behind me is undergoing some form of mini renovation.

First they tore off the old carpets which caused the place to be super dusty and then they had to even out the floor with that grinding machine which caused a fog. This happened on Tuesday and unfortunately I had to breathe it all in (apart from covering my nose with a tissue paper).

Then they started laying the cement on the floor and when I went into office yesterday, the smell was so strong that each time I turned a little, I could whiff a smell of it.

Today, they glued new carpets on and the smell of it was really really bad. I brought a mask and it only helped filter out the smell by say 5%? It got so bad that even when I exited the office door to go to the toilet, I could still smell it.

The smell is on the whole eff-ing floor!!! I could only remove my mask when I was in the lift.

I really am so worried that all the dust and glue smell would affect Peter Pan Baby somehow that I have decided to shift my scan next week to this week instead. I really hope nothing's wrong with him.

Us complaining to higher Management didn't help one bit. She even suggested to other colleagues of mine to take leave like what I did.

First, we are getting killed slowly then we have to use our own annual leave to save ourselves. Can things get more absurd? I'm really speechless.

On another note, I had a really spicy lunch today. I decided to tapau capati since it's been ages I tapau-ed from the indian uncle and he's always been real friendly to me and my colleague.

So I took the usual - 2 pieces of capati (ok not so usual-lah because I used to eat only 1 before I was pregnant) flooded in fish curry and I seriously mean flooded ok because I was worried that it might not be enough for 2 pieces so I kept scooping curry into the styrofoam box + tofu fried with chilli + 1 sambal hard-boiled egg.

So guess which hero has heartburn now? One guess only.

*gulps down hot water*


2 comments:

  1. Fuah!!! you ate so much for lunch!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but I didn't finish my dinner wat... I didn't have appetite just now I was and still am so worried about him :(

    ReplyDelete