BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 12, 2010

Pregnant

So I think I should blog pretty often as I have a lot of catching up to do since the first day I found out that I was pregnant.

Peter Pan Daddy and I have always talked about having kids once we get married. He wants 3, I want 2. We haven't really agreed on the number but whatever it is we know that we will be real happy if we get even 1.

After our wedding last November, we started trying for a baby mainly because I want to be a young mommy (which totally fails because I turn 28 in approximately 17 days) and I was worried that I couldn't conceive as I've heard so many stories out there these days due to our lifestyle and eating habits.

So in January, on the 10th to be exact (and I remember this because Peter Pan Daddy went to buy 4D), it was the day that my period was due. But it never came. And my period usually is (or was) quite accurate - 28 days max it just happens.

I decided to take a pregnancy test - the Clear Blue digital one which PC handed over to me as she was already pregnant at that time.

It says to pee on the stick but being kiasu that I do not pee directly on it at a normal stream, I dipped it into a cup of urine instead.

And I even collected Starbucks cups for this purpose (yes, I was that eager to be pregnant).

So after dipping the stick, it says to leave the stick on a flat surface for approximately a few minutes before the results show and while I was still cleaning up after the cup of pee near the basin countertop, it suddenly flashed to this:


My heart stopped for a second because I wasn't even ready to read the results and there it was showing me a positive sign!

I quickly rushed out of the bathroom to ask Peter Pan Daddy to come take a look and both of us stared at it for a while.

I can't quite describe the feeling. I was so so happy! I was practically jumping and hugging Peter Pan Daddy although I wasn't quite sure what his expression was as I was too giddy from trying to process the thought that I am actually pregnant!

Then I quickly got Peter Pan Daddy to make an appointment with this gynae at Prince Court Hospital because a few of my former colleagues went to that gynae and apparently he got really good ratings.

I then slowly packed up the stick in its original packaging to dispose it off then turned to ask Peter Pan Daddy whether we should try another test just to be sure.

Yes, I need a lot of reassurance in life and even if a test is 99% accurate, there is still that 1% room for error.

So we tried another pregnancy test kit which shows either a positive or negative sign:


And that confirmed my suspicion of the first test!
Boy, was I beaming the whole day through that day.
And I thank God for this miraculous gift of lil' life inside of me that He has granted us.

4 comments:

  1. i think i peed on 4 sticks wtf kiasu or wat keke think next round, i'll just get that digital one lah.

    Anyway, can't wait to read more of ur pregnancy updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya wor that digital one super terror hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the digital one ahh!!
    like very cool like that!

    ReplyDelete