BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My memories of the 1st trimester

Many changes with the body. And also mentally.

People say you become more weepy during pregnancy but I can't really comment on that because even pre-pregnancy I was already a crybaby. So let's just leave that point out.

Other than that, I realised I started getting nauseous. I couldn't stand the smell of anything! My mom's perfume; any type of food smell and I really had no preference for food.

As in I couldn't make up my mind what to eat for meals even when I felt hungry.

People had morning sickness, mine was evening sickness. Each night as I was about to go to bed, I'd feel like vomitting. But so far throughout the 1st trimester, I only puked twice.

The evening sickness kind of worked for me as I preferred to feel sick at home rather than at work.

During the first few weeks of the first trimester I was only alright with tom yam noodles I don't know why. Other food were like so-so, ok ok, or no, not at all.

I hated beef. And I still do at this point in time because I just tried the spaghetti beef bolognaise last weekend and felt a bit sick after. So I guess McDonald's has lost me as a loyal customer for their double cheeseburgers.

I couldn't take oily food. I missed shark's fin deeply and I kind of had it only once a week as opposed to whenever I wanted.

Funny how I used to be a fan of ice-cream and cakes but ever since I got pregnant, I don't really fancy them anymore. I even passed on gelato when Peter Pan Daddy had his share. I guess that's great in a way that I don't put on those extra calories :)

My skin became really dry. My arms had tiny bumps that were gross to touch or brush against. My legs had flaky white skin and some parts turned blotchy red. I don't usually use body moisturisers but ever since I became pregnant, I had to invest in them.

I've started using the Nivea night whitening body milk as one of my friends commented that I looked darker. Does pregnancy cause your skin to turn yellow/dark for no apparent reason?

My lower abdomen area on both sides were hurting throughout the first trimester. I always thought it was 'it' happening but I guess my body/ligaments were stretching to accommodate Peter Pan Baby.

Backache was and still is persistent. I can sleep for the whole day and still wake up feeling like I've just chopped down a tree.

I can't imagine how my back would feel like when I get bigger in the next few months.

Tummy was bloated 24/7. My friend told me to get a good look at it one last time because I will never see it that size again.

I kept pee-ing every hour. And that led to some of my colleagues speculating whether I was pregnant.

Let's move on to hair:

1) Hair on the head is damn ugly now. My black roots are growing and I can't do anything about them as it is unsafe to dye your hair during pregnancies. I mean that's what I heard.

However, my hair gets oily less quickly and when I shower, I don't seem to shed that much hair compared to pre-pregnancy days. Good stuff! :)

2) Hair on eyebrows and underarms grow at a slower (and I really mean slowwwwwwwwer) pace. I'm real happy with this as I don't need to pluck them that often anymore and since I'm pregnant, I can't go for my IPL underarm treatments either. Plus point of being pregnant woohoo!

3) Hair near my belly button area suddenly appeared outta nowhere. I seriously do have Winnie the Pooh's tummy. Big and furry that is.

4) Hair on my legs - I never had any, but I realise a few strands emerged *yikes*.

Also, a few pantang things here and there but none of them bother me that much except a tiny one: I'm not supposed to watch ugly, ghostly, gross movies.

I seriously miss horror movies. It's getting kind of boring watching romance and comedy shows only.

Well, that's all I can remember about the first trimester for now. I've been kind of forgetful these days so I must say that the above list isn't that all complete.

But whatever it is, I am now embracing my 2nd trimester with a brave heart *stands up tall*

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment