BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

19 weeks

1) Weighed myself this morning and I am seriously shocked by my weight. It's currently at 58.2kg. I've put on 1.4kg over the past week! Eeek! Why the sudden weight gain? I've been eating as per normal.

The only thing I can think of is this one day that I helped myself to 6-8 pieces of Arnott's cream cookies (yep, at one go) that was too good to resist. But that was it.

Total weight gain so far: 4.2kg

Approximate calculation below:
1st trimester: 1kg
12 weeks - 18 weeks: 1.8kg
18 weeks - 19 weeks: 1.4kg

But 1.4kgs in 1 week?! Seriously shocking!!


2) I used to feel Peter Pan Baby's movement on my lower right side but since last nite, it has shifted to the lower left side. He probably flipped over to the left.

(And I really hope he's a leftie because Peter Pan Daddy and I are both lefties so can you imagine if Peter Pan Baby turns out right-handed? Who's gonna help/teach him to write?!)

I sometimes feel something rising and when I touch that part of my tummy, it's actually hard. And when I rub it, that part sorta goes down and softens. Peter Pan Daddy reckons it's Peter Pan Baby's head. Fun stuff yo!


3) I went for a haircut on Sunday and apparently I have a case of dandruff.

The guy that was blowing my hair asked me why do I have dandruff like I freaking know why I have dandruff? It's not something that you would go looking for on your own ok?!

I was a bit agitated by that question but since I'm trying to maintain my 'easily annoyed' hormones these days I told him that I'm pregnant and he said it's probably due to hormones.

He asked me to take care of my hair as heaps will fall off after giving birth. So not looking forward to that. I already have an emerging bald spot.

Last nite, I went to the shop that sells hair care products at a lower price compared to salons/malls and decided to purchase the Kerastase shampoo & conditioner.

The current brand that I'm using right now is Joico and I kind of can't stand the smell. Makes me a little nauseous everytime I smell it in the shower.

Not that it stinks, it's just me. I still feel nauseous whenever I smell certain stuff.


4) I can't really stand oily food again. Especially fried noodles. Recently I've been leaning towards fishball soup noodles.

Pasta is still my all-time favourite. But it has be the ones that are cream or tomato-based.


5) I realise that my belly button is now halfway reaching the top. It's still inwards but it's slowly rising up and outwards *gulp* geli-nyer!!


6) I can't cross my legs for long nowadays. After a short while, I will get pins & needles.


7) My feet might have grown bigger slightly (or swollen maybe? Not too sure) because when I wear my flats, I can feel that they are a little tighter than usual.

I tend to wear slippers more often these days. My friend asked me the other day what shoes do I wear to work nowadays and I told her slippers. She was shocked. Aiyo, people pregnant yo!

She said I might not fit into my heels anymore even after giving birth as my feet may be too swollen. Thanks. I feel so much better. Hehe. But no worries. Anything for Peter Pan Baby!


8) I still feel very tired and sleepy all the time. Each morning is a serious battle to wake up at 7am.

But during weekends, I tend to wake up at around 10-11am. I can't seem to sleep past noon anymore.

But will need an afternoon nap during the weekends though.


9) I can't take really sourish juices anymore i.e. orange juices that are on the sour side; lime juice; lemon juice - it will cause really bad heartburn.

Chilli causes heartburn too but somehow I just can't quite give chilli up altogether. But have replaced meals that require chilli sauce with ketchup instead.

The other day I bought a mcChicken meal and asked for more tomato sauce because I thought that the boy would better understand what tomato sauce is as opposed to ketchup but he ended up giving me 4 packs of chilli sauce instead. So I was like "you don't have ketchup ah?". Then only he replaced them with packs of ketchup for me. Oh the irony of the people in our country.


10)
Whenever I have the urge to pee, I would need to go immediately. But the pee would only be a little bit. And I'm not dehydrated because I do drink a lot of water. So where does all that water go to??


11)
My fingers are getting kinda fat too. I have this ring that I used to wear on my middle finger because it was too loose for my fourth finger but now it leaves practically a scar on my middle finger and fits perfectly on my fourth finger.


That's all I can think of for now.

Will be on leave this Friday as it's my birthday weekend. Peter Pan Daddy's going to bring me to Universal Studios, Singapore just to look see because I'm too chicken to go on those adventurous rides and plus I'm pregnant.

Hope I can find cute baby stuff to buy for Peter Pan Baby! Can't wait! :)


8 comments:

  1. coming to sg on Friday?! so nice!!! i want to go to Universal Studio too!

    blurangel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup yup :) Have you been? So convenient for you ler since you're working in sg :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahha that's true! but.. just cannot imagine walking around in such crazy weather...

    blurangel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ya true but I think we plan to just go there for dinner to look see. Should be cooler then? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I suggest you use Johnsons baby shampoo for your hair? That's what I"m using now :) And I read somewhere that it's normal to gain 0.5kg per week after your 18th week, crazy huh? And YES I know what you mean with fat fingers - I can't fit my ring either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo maybe I should put the Kerastase shampoo on hold and try out Johnson's :)

    But 1.4kg in a week! *faints*

    ReplyDelete
  7. We not just going there for dinner... we go "ka-ching" remember???!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete