BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 13, 2010

21 weeks check-up

I've always had yellow discharge since the start of the pregnancy but my gynae said that if it isn't foul-smelling or itchy, then I have nothing to worry about.

But on Monday, I encountered stringy yellow discharge with a tinge of brown. And even my undies had dark brown stains.

So I got a bit panicky and moved forward my gynae's appointment from next week to yesterday.

At the same time, my belly was cramping. Not at the lower abdomen area but at the sides of my belly.

I never felt that before because the last cramp that I felt was the lower abdomen area whereby my gynae said that it's normal as my skin was stretching to make way for a bigger belly.

So anyways, I saw my gynae yesterday and described my discharge to him and he thinks it's thrush. Apparently we all have it but it's being contained by other bacteria just that we're more prone to get it during pregnancy.

He told me that most women get it during their pregnancy but just probably never thought anything of it so did not mention it to him.

It doesn't hurt you or the baby but if you want to get it treated you can. Just that it may or may not come back after a while.

He wanted to take a swab so he told me to relax and said it's just like a pap smear. He asked me whether I've done a pap smear before and I said no.

So he inserted this clamper thingy underneath really slowly and gently but once he pushed it in further, it was SUPER HORRIBLY PAINFUL!!!!

CAN YOU IMAGINE GIVING BIRTH TO A BABY FROM THAT SAME HOLE?!!!!

He told me that he'll send the sample for testing and if I don't hear back from them means it's nothing serious.

Regarding the belly cramps, he reckons that I need to slow down and rest. Apparently it's the way my body lets me know that I've done too much.

I don't remember doing anything too much except for walking around Tropicana City Mall & Pavilion on Sunday.

Shop for one day and the pain lasts for 3 days. Scary.....

Anyhoo, all is well. Peter Pan Baby now weighs 500 grams. Apparently he's a little bit on the bigger side as he's only suppose to weigh 400 grams this week *gulp*

I guess he's going to be a big baby huh?

Anyways, I weighed myself this morning and I'm 59.3kg.

Approximate calculation below:

1st trimester: 1kg
12 weeks - 20 weeks: 3.7kg
20 weeks - 21 weeks: 0.6kg

Total weight gain so far: 5.3kg

Peter Pan Baby's kicks/nudges have been getting stronger. Sometimes I can feel him 'swimming' in there. Such a happy and weird feeling at the same time.

But extremely reassuring for worriers like me. Seriously, each time he moves, I feel so relieved.

The anomaly scan has been postponed once again to next week. Hopefully there won't be any other changes again. I really really want to know for sure that Peter Pan Baby is a-ok!

Other than the above drama during the start of the week, everything's pretty much alright at the moment.

19 more weeks to go! I know it's a bit too early to countdown but I.just.can't.wait!!!! :)



5 comments:

  1. everything's gonna be OHKAY!!!
    eh its not too early to countdown cos time flies by so fast before u know it you're in the labour room pushing dy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didnt mention about what the doctor said that raised our eyebrows? heheh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pei Chyi: yalor, suddenly also i'm this big

    Peter Pan Daddy: oh.. need to meh? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. eh i went for pap smear today and it was like a walk in the park considering a baby came out from down there!! so maybe this experience give u a...taste of what's to come?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo yalor maybe 'cos muffin already came outta there so the clamper thingy is like ant bite nia hehe

    ReplyDelete