BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 3, 2010

Birthday stuff

My birthday just passed and I realise how cute it is when your friends start giving you gifts that relate to your pregnancy/baby for your birthday.

I'm so happy to receive these gifts because it would mean that I need not spend money on them myself. Big hugs to you guys you know who you are.

My brother got me this book called 'Baby Love' that is suppose to prepare you before your baby arrives.



So far I've only read the first chapter and I found some useful tips such as:

- Try to have some 'me' time before the baby arrives. Plan to take a few days off work before those first contractions arrive since you will never ever have your 'me' time again.

- If your baby is below 2 years of age and paid work is unavoidable, try to switch to part-time instead because babies need your care and attention to shape them to become what they will be in the future. Even if the care & attention just comes from mommy and daddy alone.

- Will be good to give your baby all the skin contact he needs be it cuddles, just lying on your bare chest, kisses etc.

- And the part for fathers whereby they shouldn't whine when the baby cries in the middle of the night because that would make mothers feel like they have to deal with 2 babies.

- And that fathers should also be understanding and not assume that mothers know everything about what to do or how to deal with the baby.

That's all I can remember from the first chapter :)


Other gifts I received from my friends were:


- Stretch mark cream -

Which I have yet to use because I'm quite lazy I gotta admit. I've been diligently applying body lotion after each shower and that already sucks the life outta me.

I'd probably only start using it when I see stretch marks appear which by then is already too late but psychologically would make me feel better I guess.



- Breast pads -

This same friend bought me nipple cream too but I forgot to take a photo of it.



- Head cushion support -

How cute is this! If it was bigger I'd be using it myself :)

Thanks so much for these gifts everybody!! Really really do appreciate them!


No comments:

Post a Comment