BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

23 weeks

Am at 60.1kg at the moment.

Approximate calculation below:
1st trimester: 1kg
12 weeks - 22 weeks: 5kg
22 weeks - 23 weeks: 0.1kg

Total weight gain so far: 6.1kg



I don't know why my baby bump still looks so small on photos. My friend suggested that I measure my waist. I haven't gotten down to doing that.

My brown discharge came back last Friday. It lasted through the whole of Saturday so on Saturday nite, I decided to insert the Canesten pill that my gynae gave me from the last check-up which was awfully painful.

The Canesten pill is like the panadol menstrual pill but slightly bigger.

2 days later, I started having pink/bright red discharge *faints*

So on Monday itself, I went to see my gynae and again he had to use the clamper to check down there *double faints*

He told me to monitor the discharge and if the brown discharge/thrush really doesn't bother me, then I don't have to continue with the other 2 Canesten pills as the pink discharge may scare me even more. True 'dat!

We also consulted the gynae for the price of natural birth vs. c-sect at Prince Court Hospital:

Natural birth - RM3.5k (inclusive of 1 night stay)
Plus epidural - RM1k
Plus vacuum - RM600

C-sect - RM8.5k (inclusive of 2 nights stay)

I did ask the gynae whether it's common to go through an episiotomy if we opt for natural birth and he said not really, it only happens in 20% of cases.

But the worst part is that he can only tell me if I need one there and then on the day of birth -_-

Hence,
no conclusion as to which method we'll be choosing yet as we're suppose to wait and see how big Peter Pan Baby will be at the later stage of the pregnancy.

Other than that, Peter Pan Baby's kicks have been getting stronger recently.

He particularly likes to move/roll around at night when I'm about to sleep. I will keep telling him to stop playing but I guess he's having loads of fun in there.

I have begun to feel his nudges/kicks beside my navel. Not too sure if it's getting a little tight in there for him that he needs to rise up to my navel level.

He now weighs 600 grams and according to sites online, he's only suppose to be weighing 500 grams at 23 weeks -_-"

Whatever it is, I hope he's healthy and growing normally.

Nowadays, I can only sleep for 2-3 hours whereby I'll wake up to pee and then take a long time to fall asleep again. So I'm really tired most of the time.

I cannot get enough of the chocolate chip ice-cream from Baskin Robbins. I keep craving it each weekend and occasionally when we're out during weekdays.

I'm starting to countdown on my own now. Each day, I'll look at the calendar and count the weeks over and over again although I already know how many weeks more there is.

17 more weeks to go!!



No comments:

Post a Comment