BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Counting kicks

I have started counting since last week. Trying to get myself in the routine of doing so but I do admit I've failed to do it a few days sometimes.

I know that you're suppose to count 10 kicks but my big question is how do you differentiate Peter Pan Baby's hiccups from his kicks?

I've read that hiccups do not contribute as the number of kicks so I'm worried I'm counting wrongly. Hence, I've been making myself count to 15 kicks instead -_-

He's been moving a lot lately like almost ALL the time and I'm grateful for it since I'm a worrier and tend to think something's not right if he hasn't moved in a while (or if I did not notice any movement).

His movements are so frequent that even when I sleep at night these days, I can still feel him moving and his movements sort of keep me awake.

But whatever it is, I do hope and pray that all is well and will be alright :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thought I'll reply you over here in case you miss it if I reply over at my blog... Anyway, I managed to lose my preggie weight (and some more) thanks to breastfeeding. After popping, it was as if I didn't give birth, and I was super flabby etc for the first few months (and looked 5 months pregnant!), then suddenly all the weight started disappearing after the first 4 months... Now I'm still feeding the boy and always eating non-stop, and so far, so good. :p

    Just eat healthily for the rest of the pregnancy (remember your vitamins and folate), and exercise if you can find time. Swimming's really good cos it'll help to keep the pregnancy weight gain in check, plus it'll help to make the delivery process faster. Oh, and do read up on breastfeeding if you're planning to do it, since sometimes its not as easy as it seems! (I've got a post at http://makingmum.blogspot.com/2009/09/breastfeeding-basics.html if you want to read more.)

    You can drop me an email at john.jus@gmail.com if you have more questions ya? (And try calamine lotion for the itchy tummy. :))
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Errs, the kicks are usually more irregular, while the hiccups occur at regular intervals I think... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erm what if breastfeeding fails? hehe then I'll be stuck with the weight forever?

    I've added you on my gchat list :)

    So how many times of regular intervals do I have to feel before concluding that that's a hiccup? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah... It shouldn't fail... It'll help for you to get those Malay massages after giving birth though, it'll help to get rid of the water retention, which helps with the horrid bloatedness. And do swim/walk now too!

    Yup, I've accepted the request! Errr, I'm not sure how many intervals you'll have to note, but I know its more or less regular, and more fluttery, which kicks are usually harder I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if the malay massages will help because I'm thinking of going for c-sect so I would need to wait for the wound to heal before having those massages which by the time I do it, it isn't as effective anymore right? :(

    oooo I think I felt the hiccups during the weekend. It was constant and light bloops hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yupyup... those are probably hiccups. Quite funny feeling right?

    If you don't mind me asking, why are you opting for C-section?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really afraid of having to deal with the after pain of a wound down there :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand... Anyway, I've mailed you about C-section, hope you've received the mail?

    ReplyDelete