BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sleepless nights

I haven't been getting continuous sleep throughout the night these days.

It's either I'd need to wake up to pee in the middle of the night, or Peter Pan Baby would be active throughout the night, or my mind would still be working even when I'm sleeping.

I can't seem to find a comfortable position either. I've been reading up online that it's bad if you sleep on your back and that you should sleep on your side especially on your left.

I've tried sleeping completely on my left side but each time I do so, I'm paranoid that I'm squashing Peter Pan Baby.

It doesn't help either that each time I lay on my side, Peter Pan Baby starts moving around resulting in me worrying about whether he's frantically trying to tell me that I'm hurting him.

I've even read that you should put pillows under your bump to support it but how is that possible really? If you do put a pillow to support your bump when you lie on your side, won't the pillow sort of throw you back into your back position?

I hope I master the technique of the sleeping position soon because these sleepless nights have been making me real tired at work.

It gets even worse right after lunch *yawn*

And I can't even reach for coffee. Or tea. *slouches*


2 comments:

  1. What seemed to work for me was lying on the side and using a pillow to prop up the upper leg... read about it in some preggy book and it seemed to help! Doubt you'll be squashing baby when you sleep on your side... Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup yup I do that too but I just feel real heavy on the side like I'm going to squash the baby anytime soon hehe. I can't wait for all this to be over!!!

    ReplyDelete